The Akwa Ibom State-owned airline Ibom Air, has officially commenced its regional flight operations, connecting two cities in the West African region: Lagos, Nigeria, and Accra, Ghana. This new venture promises to enhance connectivity, facilitate economic growth, and provide travelers with a convenient and reliable option for exploring both countries.
The expansion is in line with Ibom Air’s vision “to be a world-class African Regional Airline” by offering passengers a reliable industry-leading travel experience that includes, on-time departures, accessibility and quick response and over all flight comfort.
Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer of Ibom Air, Mr. George Uriesi, spoke with news correspondence in an interview prior to the kick of:
“We are thrilled to commence our regional operations today, with flights between Lagos and Accra. This is a significant step for Ibom Air as we expand our network out of Nigeria and into the African continent. “With this new route, we aim to enhance connectivity between Nigeria and Ghana, fostering tourism, trade, and tighter economic and cultural ties.
Ibom Air has been soaring to new heights since its inception. Established in 2019, it quickly made a name for itself by offering top-notch domestic flights that emphasized safety, punctuality, and comfort. With its modern fleet, experienced crew, and commitment to excellence,
The expansion of Ibom Air into the international market marks a new chapter in the airline’s growth story. By connecting Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city, and Accra, the vibrant capital of Ghana and also strengthening ties between two West African Countries.
The flight launch took off at 7:00 am (WAT) Tuesday from the Murtala Muhammad Airport Ikeja and safe landed at the Kotoka international Airport, Accra, Ghana. Flight duties between Nigeria and Ghana will offers travelers a new gateway to explore the vibrant West African region.
Key Features of the Lagos to Accra Route
- Convenient Schedules: Ibom Air has designed the flight schedule to ensure convenience for travelers. Multiple weekly flights will be available, allowing passengers to choose a time that suits their plans.
- State-of-the-Art Aircraft: Ibom Air’s commitment to providing a safe and comfortable journey remains unchanged. The airline’s fleet includes modern, fuel-efficient aircraft, equipped with the latest technology to guarantee a pleasant travel experience.
- Seamless Check-in and Security Procedures: Passengers traveling from Lagos to Accra will experience hassle-free check-in and security procedures, making their journey stress-free and enjoyable.
- Competitive Fares: Ibom Air has set competitive fares for this route, ensuring affordability without compromising on the quality of service.
The Economic Implications
The commencement of regional flight operations from Lagos to Accra by Ibom Air brings several positive economic implications for both Nigeria and Ghana. Here are a few notable aspects:
- Trade and Commerce: Enhanced connectivity between these two economic hubs is expected to foster trade and business collaborations, boosting the local economies and creating opportunities for job growth.
- Tourism: With both Nigeria and Ghana being culturally rich and diverse countries, increased access is likely to attract more tourists, further stimulating the tourism industry in the region.
- Foreign Investment: This development could also attract foreign investments in various sectors, given the ease of travel and communication it offers.
This new route is set to cater to a variety of travelers, from business professionals to tourists eager to explore the rich cultures and opportunities in both countries.